As PLC Control Engineer at AWL, you are responsible for the development of software programs for customer-specific machines. Think of software that controls robots, vision systems, and welding equipment. As a PLC Control Engineer you work closely together with colleagues from different disciplines, including your direct colleagues from Control System and Safety, Robotics, and Project Management. You are able to guide other departments in your procedure and to function as an advisor. Besides developing the code, you also possess a strong coordinating and organizational role.
- Develop software control designs (in UML);
- PLC coding in SCL from Siemens TIA portal or Allen Bradley;
- Supervising the implementation within the project group;
- Monitoring progress;
- Providing input for long-term (R&D) developments;
- Customer contact in the form of training and guidance regarding the implementation.