AWL is continuously developing towards industry 4.0. Do you, as a Mechanical Engineer, want to contribute to this and do you have the ambition to grow towards Lead Engineer? Then we are looking for you!
What are you going to do?
As Mechanical Engineer you will design AWL’s machines and take care of the integration of the product jigs. We deliver these machines mainly to customers in the automotive industry. What is ultimately built on the floor is "our" product. You are really working on something concrete.
In this versatile position, you will develop the concepts of the design, you are responsible for the mechanical design, purchasing specifications and you have an active role in the project team. In addition, you have an active role in supervising the engineering of the jigs on which the product will be made. Tolerance studies and clamping concepts are familiar territory for you. You have regular contact with customers, suppliers and our other Engineering departments. You will contribute to the further development of our standards and concepts.
What is important for this role?
You can work independently and you feel comfortable in a responsible position. You enjoy contributing to the growth of the department and, together with your colleagues, ensuring the development of high-quality, high-tech machine concepts.
• Knowledge and experience in mechanical engineering and automotive is a plus;
• You are pragmatic, have good communication skills and enjoy working in teams;
• You are creative and like to put your teeth into a new challenge;
• 3D CAD and PDM systems (Solidworks and Smarteam) are familiar territory for you;
• Flexible and solution-oriented attitude;
• Good understanding of the English and German languages.
What can you expect from us?
We offer you challenging projects in a pleasant and informal atmosphere with a no-nonsense organization that is demonstrably successful. There are plenty of opportunities to develop yourself, under the guidance of our internal career coach.
Furthermore, we offer:
• A good salary, overtime allowance and other benefits related to the position;
• Profit sharing;
• AWL Academy with >50 training programs, focusing on both hard and soft skills;
• Participation in our vitality program ‘Boost Your Life’ including boot camp, spinning and fresh fruit in the department;
• Ample room for personal input, training and education.
Then apply via the button! For function related questions, please contact Maarten Rebel, team leader Mechanical Engineering, on telephone number 0341 411 811.