As Business Development Manager contributing to the further developing of our added value and sales in the field of our automation Material Handling and Robotics solutions?
As Business Development Manager you are responsible for increasing the sales and finding new opportunities for our Material Handling & Robotics Automation solutions. You have a proven track record in implementing a go-to-market strategy. The position has a large focus on relationship building and finding the niche for our products and services with new customers or partners. It does not involve managing existing customer contacts. The ideal candidate will bring a substantial network of contacts and buyers and has a strong drive to proactively approach prospects and expand our network.
You will have the ability to understand the needs and challenges of our customers and translate these into successful sales opportunities. Furthermore, you are expected to identify and exploit new market opportunities. Initiative-taking is essential in this role. We provide you the freedom to set your own goals and have trust in your expertise!
As a Business Development Manager, you will work closely with the Business Unit Manager and Sales Engineer. The Sales Engineer is skilled in translating complex technical challenges into appropriate solutions and concepts. Together, you will strive to demonstrate and grow the business value of our expertise and solutions, aiming to secure a leading position in the market of material handling and robotics.
- Prospect new business opportunities in Warehousing, Distribution, Logistics, Manufacturing, Industrial, General Industry, and Automotive Industries.
- Establish and articulate a funnel of opportunities, including size and scope.
- Research prospective companies and devise strategies to secure their business.
- Develop and maintain strong customer relationships with regular communication and new sales strategies.
- Implement innovative and creative action plans for suppliers and customers, with a thorough understanding of the customer’s business at all levels.
- Conduct selling efforts through scheduled appointments to foster industry relationships.
- Participate in industry meetings, conferences, and events to identify further business opportunities.
- Perform site visits for critical information gathering for prospects & proposals.
- Propose robotic solutions and oversee the contract negotiation phase.
- Ensure all RFQ activities and strategies align with AWL guidelines, policies, and procedures.
- Develop expert knowledge of company products and marketing/sales tools.
- Collaborate internationally to analyze and define the market for customer growth, including market analysis, market share, and opportunity identification.
- Uphold corporate values, mission, purpose, goals, and culture.
What We Expect from You:
- Preferably a technical background and/or proven experience in the technical (machinery construction) sector
- Valid driver’s license & ability to pass a background check
- 7-10 years of related experience
- High degree of travel (50%)
- Consultative sales experience with the ability to discover customer pains and map appropriate solutions
- Strong customer-focused relationship building skills
- Exceptional client-facing communication abilities, both technical and non-technical
- Adaptability and flexibility to manage deadlines, ambiguity, and change
- Ability to work in rapidly changing, multi-cultural environments
- Remote and hybrid working belongs to the possibilities
- A competitive salary
- Performance Bonus System
- 8% Vacation/Holiday Bonus
- 10 paid holidays a year
- Medical, Dental, and Vision compensation
- Basic Life Insurance
- Short term and Long term Disability
- VOYA 401K
- Pay Schedule bi-weekly
As a system integrator, AWL has over 30 years of experience in using robots in machines for complex tasks. Combined with our expertise in vision systems, product handling and gripper technology, this makes us the right partner for automation solutions. We provide you with input in every challenge. AWL Automation LLC is established in Spartanburg, South Carolina. We sell, procure, assemble, install, and fully test our automatic welding and handling solutions, and employ a young and growing team of approximately 68 FTE (excluding contractors) of different nationalities.