Translate project specifications according to operating software and implementing it.
Analyse the requirements in the project specifications alongside with the mechanical design and the robot configurations (various types and brands) in regards to handling and connections/joints/junctions of the manufactured/constructed/produced products. In case of discrepancies/indistinctness you consult with the Team leader Controls, Technical Operators Coordinator and/or Project Coordinator. Draw up initial design in a flow chart. Further develop the initial design from concept to a fully functional & operational robot software program. Ensure all requirements of the project specifications are met by internal R&R’s. Where possible, use standardized work methods and apply internal standards. Initiates improvements in consultation with the Team Leader Controls & Service.
Carry out testing to ensure requirements are met and according to project specifications. Implement/apply improvements after testing, communicate findings with the Team Leader Controls and/or Project Coordinator. Optimize the robot software program into a fully functional flawless process. Assess and safeguard machine safety measures. Report results and deviations/alterations back to Project Coordinator. Install and setup the systems at customer site and provide support to customers in case of questions or uncertainties. Program and fine tune processes that are directly or indirectly connected to the operating software.
Consult Team leader Controls and Project Coordinator for planning and indicate whether or not additional support is required to maintain current planning. Provide input for the purpose of standardisation of the software program or blocks in the program. This function is part of the Online Service Team for technical customers support.
Knowledge of the following is required
- Project specifications and mechatronic design of a project;
- Requirements and specifications for software programming (technical guidelines);
- Programming PLC and HMI;
- PC and networking applications;
- Understanding spatial change;
- Machine safety and programming safety systems;
- Comply with quality, health and environmental regulations;
- Applied/practical applications in Welding Mig, Tig, Spot and Laser Welding.
Manual skills required
- Fine-tuning and programming of Robotic Equipment is necessary/required;
- Requesting data using a PC keyboard.
Job components and authority
Works independently within project specifications. Takes into account the mechatronic design, applied components and the software programming possibilities. Makes adjustments in the software programming and seek consultation if required. Expected to solve most common and notable problems independently.
- Precise/exact design of programs;
- Correct/right functioning of programs according to project specifications;
- Back up and version control of software programming;
- Document parameter settings;
- Providing required information as input for manuals;
- Within planning efficiently complete tasks/projects.
Effective communication required with
- Team leader Controls concerning work/projects and issues/problems;
- Customer when installing robot on customer’s premises and during machine training;
- Employees involved concerning functional changes made;
- Project Coordinator about planning, test results, notable problems and change proposals;
- Technical Operators Coordinator about indistinctness and making changes and/or improvements;
- AWL NL organization about processes and/or projects and/or standards.
Willing to travel and work abroad if necessary for approx. 30% of your time.
AWL Automation is an EEO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled