Do you enjoy managing complex projects towards success and can you easily oversee the scope of our customers, sales, and the project team?! Then we are looking for you!
Project Manager at AWL
Working as a Project Manager at AWL-Techniek means working in a dynamic, competitive, international environment with high-end production solutions and demanding customers. As a Project Manager, you are part of an enthusiastic team of approximately 20 project management professionals.
As a system integrator, AWL provides added value in smart automation solutions for modular machines. At AWL, we drive business for customers around the globe in the markets of automotive, general industry, and logistics. With branches in the Netherlands (headquarters), the Czech Republic, China, Mexico, the United States, and the United Kingdom, we support our customers all over the world. AWL is a private company with 600 employees, worldwide.
More about your job…
A Project Manager at AWL occupies a dynamic role that requires business acumen and ownership. You are the Business Partner for our customers’ programs and deliver to their expectations. You have a keen eye for the various interests of the project stakeholders and are perfectly capable of adapting your strategy to the circumstances and situations that arise. You have a strong organizing and leading role. You will coach the multidisciplinary project teams towards success and continuously monitor the time schedule, quality, and budget. In short, you are the connection between our client and the internal organization!
- The management of multiple projects simultaneously and in different phases for our customers;
- The complete management of projects and defining the project strategy. Throughout the entire process you act as the contact and connecting factor for the customer and internal organization;
- All stakeholders are continuously informed of the latest state of the projects;
- Actively steer on contract management and ensure that the agreements with our customers are transparent and controllable;
- Managing technical and financial risks of the projects and aligning with the customer;
- Organize and execute the internal and external procurement, delivery of the production capacity, and high accuracy within the OEE;
- Taking care of the progress reporting, project evaluation, variance analysis, and final reporting with the lessons learned.
What are we looking for?
We believe an entrepreneurial mindset is very important to be successful in this position. You are capable of building bridges and have no problem with deadlines and time pressure. You have strong communication and persuasive skills and a great sense of responsibility. You make decisions quickly and know how to get colleagues into action by showing courage and tact. In addition:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferable in the field of Industrial Engineering & Management;
- 5- 10 years of related experience as a Project Manager within a production environment or technical B2B (project) organization;
- Proven planning and organizational talents. You can analyze figures and understand business processes like no other;
- Preferably you have project management certifications such as IPMA-C or PMP;
- A good negotiator, self-starter, and team player;
- Used to managing extensive projects and teams;
- Fluent in English and German (must) both written as well as spoken;
- Willing to travel and work abroad if necessary for approx. 25% of your time.
What can you expect from us?
AWL offers you a challenging, inspiring, and professional workplace that encourages your creativity and development so that you can continuously grow as a professional.
In Addition, you can count on:
- A good salary and bonus scheme;
- The possibilities to work flexibly;
- Access to our own AWL Academy with more than 50 training programs;
- An international dynamic project organization with a great team of Project Managers;
- A good (secondary) benefits package (in accordance with the collective labor agreement (CAO) Metalektro;
- This means 27 holidays and 13 ADV days;
- A laptop and telephone from AWL.
Are you our new colleague?
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Alexander Mulder, Manager of Global Project Management. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact our Corporate Recruiter, Bianca de Vries. Both persons can be reached via telephone number: 0341-411 811.