As PLC Control Engineer at AWL, you are responsible for the development of software programs for customer-specific machines. Think of software for robots, vision systems, and welding equipment. As a PLC Control Engineer you work closely together with colleagues from different disciplines, including your direct colleagues from Control System and Safety, Robotics, and Project Management. You are able to guide other departments in your project and to act as an advisor. In addition to development, you also have a strong coordinating and organizing role.
- Development of software control designs (in UML);
- PLC coding in SCL from Siemens TIA portal or Allen Bradley;
- Supervising the software implementation within the project group;
- Monitoring the project progress;
- Providing input for long-term (R&D) developments;
- Customer contact in the form of training and guidance during commissioning.