Do you want to work as a Key Account Manager in a dynamic, innovative environment with demanding customers? And do you understand better than anyone that we do more than just selling a machine? Then we are looking for you!
Key Account Manager at AWL
Working as a Key Account Manager at AWL means working in a dynamic, competitive, international environment with demanding customers. As a system integrator, AWL provides added value in smart automation solutions for modular machines. We drive business for customers worldwide in the markets of automotive, general industry, and logistics. With branches in the Netherlands (headquarters), the Czech Republic, China, Mexico, the United States, and the United Kingdom, we support our customers worldwide. AWL is a private company with 600 employees worldwide.
More about your position
No one day is the same as a Key Account Manager at AWL! You support business development and formulation strategies. You understand better than anyone that we do more than just selling a machine. You support our customers to achieve the highest productivity levels with smart, automated solutions. Therefore, you are regularly on the move within and outside of Europe. This means a lot of autonomy and requires a flexible attitude, self-reliance, and strong planning skills.
You identify needs, opportunities, and knows exactly how to translate them into appropriate quotations and assignments. Of course, you are not alone! During the sales process, you will be supported by a whole team of colleagues, consisting of Concept and Sales Engineers, who is technically responsible, up to our Legal Counsel.
- Revenue and result responsible within the (B2B) business unit Automotive;
- Identifying and anticipating Macro environmental factors;
- Mapping the success factors that are necessary to win the assignment and translating these factors into a dynamic account plan;
- Present and discuss concept designs at a high extraction level to the management of global accounts and influencing DMUs;
- Being able to negotiate framework agreements with global clients whereby conditions are in line with AWL’s policy;
- You are able to maximize the effort of the team of engineers and to involve them in the process;
- Negotiate price, time of delivery, and conditions within predetermined margins/frameworks;
- Commercial support during the project implementation phase.
What are we looking for?
At AWL, we are proud of the committed and sustainable relationships with our customers. We also expect this commitment from you as Key Account Manager. You are a real networker and someone with a strong drive for relationship management and turnover responsibility. You know how to acquire (new) customers by showing courage and tact. Additionally we expect the following qualities: :
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferable in the technical field;
- 3-5 years of work experience as an account manager within a technical, international B2B (project) organization;
- Preferable commercial experience in Automotive, TIER1 / 2, OEM, Machine building, and/or industrial automation;
- You can cooperate in multidisciplinary and global teams at all hierarchical levels, both internal and external;
- You can quickly build relationships from a natural attitude that go deeper than the surface;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent in English and German, both written as well as spoken;
- The "professional friend maker."
What can you expect from us?
AWL offers you a challenging, inspiring, and professional workplace that encourages your creativity and development so that you can continuously grow as a professional. You can also count on:
- A good salary and bonus scheme;
- The ability to work flexibly;
- Access to our own AWL Academy with > 50 training programs;
- A right (secondary) benefits package (by the Collective Labor Agreement for the Metal Electro)
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (as long as you promise us to come back);
- A car, laptop, and iPhone;
- Participation in our "Boost Your Life" vitality program.
Are you our new colleague?
For substantive questions about this position, please contact Gerard Ramaker, Sales Manager Automotive. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact our Corporate Recruiter, Bianca de Vries. Both can be reached via telephone number: 0341-411 811.
Acquisition is not permitted