Do you want to make a difference as Account Manager in a dynamic, innovative environment with demanding customers? Then we are looking for you!
Account Manager at AWL
Working as an Account Manager in our material handling business unit at AWL-Techniek means working in a dynamic, competitive, international environment with demanding customers. As a system integrator, we drive our customers ’ advanced automation processes with smart robotic solutions. We serve our customers around the globe in the markets of automotive, general industry, and logistics. With branches in the Netherlands (headquarters), the Czech Republic, China, Mexico, the United States, and the United Kingdom, we support our customers all over the world. AWL is a private company with 650 employees, worldwide.
Within our material handling business unit we are developing a completely new business for AWL. Smart robotic solutions in the challenging material handling environment with extreme growth and demanding automation. We are working on developing fully autonomous solutions with vision-guided technology to support and reduce repetitive heavy tasks. Solutions that bring the future of logistics. The move into robotic automation will be a business transformation for big international customers. Our team consists of energetic, innovative and flexible team players who are motivated by team & personal development, client relationship, challenging the status quo, challenging goals and successful projects. Core values we strive for are transparency, honesty, no-nonsense, positive thinking and entrepreneurship.
More about your position
No day is the same as an Account Manager at AWL! You support in business developments and building our sales strategy. You will develop relationships with valuable suppliers and partners. You understand better than anyone that we do more than just selling a machine. You support our customers to achieve the highest productivity levels with smart, automated solutions. Therefore, you are regularly on the move within and outside Europe. This means a lot of autonomy but also requires a flexible attitude, self-reliance, and strong planning skills.
You identify needs, opportunities, and knows exactly how to translate them into appropriate solutions, proposals and assignments. Of course, you are not alone! During the sales process you will be supported by a whole team of colleagues, consisting for instance out of Proposal- and Sales Engineers, who are technically responsible.
- Revenue and result responsible for sales intake for (B2B) business unit Material Handling;
- Identifying and anticipating to macro environmental factors;
- Mapping the success factors that are necessary to win the assignment and translating these factors in a dynamic account plan;
- Present and discuss concepts designs at a high extraction level to the management of global accounts and influencing DMU’s;
- Being able to negotiate framework agreements with global clients whereby conditions are in line with AWL’s policy;
- You are able to maximize the effort of the team of engineers and to involve them in the process;
- Negotiate price, time of delivery and conditions within predetermined margins/frameworks;
- Commercial support during the project implementation phase;
- Contributes to a good atmosphere in the team.
What are we looking for?
At AWL, we are proud of the committed and sustainable relationships with our customers. We also expect this commitment from our Account Manager. You are a real networker and someone with a strong drive for relationship management and turnover responsibility. You know how to acquire (new) customers by showing courage and tact. In addition, you have the following qualities:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferable in the technical field;
- 3-5 years of work experience as an account manager within a technical, international B2B (project) organization;
- Preferable commercial experience in logistic automation, material handling and/or industrial automation;
- You can cooperate in multidisciplinary and global teams at all hierarchical levels, both internal and external;
- You can quickly build relationships from a natural attitude that go deeper than the surface;
- Willingness to travel;
- Excellent in English and German both written as well as spoken;
- The "professional friend maker."
What can you expect from us?
AWL offers you a challenging, inspiring, and professional workplace that encourages your creativity and development so that you can continuously grow as a professional. In Addition, you can count on:
- A good salary and bonus scheme;
- The ability to work flexibly;
- Access to our own AWL Academy with > 50 training programs;
- A right (secondary) benefits package (by the Collective Labor Agreement for the Metal Electro)
- This means 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (as long as you promise us to come back);
- A car, laptop, and IPhone;
- Participation in our "Boost Your Life" vitality program.
Are you our new colleague?
For substantive questions about this position, please contact Arjen Vos, Director Strategy & Development, via +31 341 411 811. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Mark Voortman, HR People & Business Partner.
Acquisition is not permitted.