Do you enjoy managing complex projects towards success and can you easily oversee the scope of our customers, sales, and the project team?! Then we are looking for you!
Project Manager at AWL
Working as a Project Manager in our Business Unit General Industry means working in a dynamic, competitive, international environment with high-end production solutions. You are part of an enthusiastic team of approximately 50 professionals focusing on designing, engineering, and building welding and assembly machines.
As a system integrator we are strong in robotized automated welding and joining. Our strength lies in three disciplines: joining technologies, (logistics) automation, and assembly techniques. We drive business for customers worldwide in the automotive, metalworking, and logistics industries, where high levels of automation and a high degree of flexibility are essential. With branches in the Netherlands (headquarters), the Czech Republic, China, Mexico, the United States, and the United Kingdom, we support our customers worldwide. AWL is a private company with 600 employees worldwide.
More about your position
As a Project Manager you are responsible to deliver the project. A happy customer and a happy project team are the final goals you are aiming for. As every project has its challenging aspects and risks, you are able to manage together with the team. You are in the lead for collaborating with the team and monitoring time, quality and budget. With a hands-on mentality you have a strong organizing and leading role, take ownership and towards a successful project delivery. Your technical skill will help you to take the proper decisions and to deal with the situations who will arise.
- The management of multiple projects simultaneously and in different phases for our customers;
- Motivate and collaborate team members
- The complete management of projects and defining the project strategy. Throughout the entire process you act as the contact and connecting factor for the customer and internal organization;
- Actively steer on contract management and ensure that the agreements with our customers are transparent and controllable;
- Managing technical and financial risks of the projects and aligning with the customer;
- Taking care of the progress reporting, project evaluation, variance analysis, and final reporting with the lessons learned.
What are we looking for?
We believe an entrepreneurial mindset is very important to be successful in this position. You are capable of building bridges and have no problem with deadlines and time pressure. You have strong communication and persuasive skills and a great sense of responsibility. You make decisions quickly and know how to get colleagues into action by showing courage and tact. In addition:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree, preferable in the field of Industrial Engineering & Management;
- 5- 10 years of related experience as a Project Manager or Lead Engineer within a production environment or technical B2B (project) organization;
- Proven planning and organizational talents. You can analyze figures and understand business processes like no other;
- Preferably you have Project Management certifications such as IPMA-C or PMP;
- A good negotiator, self-starter, and team player;
- Used to managing extensive projects and teams;
- Fluent in English and German (must) both written as well as spoken;
- Willing to travel and work abroad if necessary for approx. 10%-20% of your time.
What can you expect from us?
AWL offers you a challenging, inspiring, and professional workplace that encourages your creativity and development so that you can continuously grow as a professional.
In Addition, you can count on:
- A good salary and bonus regulation;
- The ability to work flexibly;
- Access to our own AWL Academy with > 50 training programs;
- A suitable (secondary) benefits package (by the Collective Labor Agreement for the Metal Electro)
- 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (as long as you promise us to come back;-));
- A laptop and iphone;
- Participation in our "Boost Your Life" vitality program.
Are you our new colleague?
For any questions regarding the position, please contact Gerrit Bikker, Operational Business Unit Manager. If you have any questions about the application procedure, please contact Mark Voortman. Both persons can be reached via telephone number: 0341-411 811.